Same Day Long Distance Movers
Whether you’re moving across the province, from one coast to the other, beyond our southern border, or internationally, moving a long distance can be a hassle. However, with the professional help of Atlas Canada, you can get where you need to go safely, knowing our same-day long-distance movers have got you covered.
With over 55 years of experience, the team at Atlas Canada has the knowledge and skills to provide homeowners with a seamless moving experience from start to finish, so you won’t have to worry about the details.
Same Day Long Distance Movers
Atlas Canada prides itself on offering a selection of comprehensive moving services, including:
- Household moving
- Cross border moving
- International moving
- Corporate relocation
- Moving container and storage
Request a free estimate with Atlas Canada today, and partner with a long-distance moving company you know for certain you can rely on.
Contact us to get started.
Planning for a same-day long-distance move can be difficult, especially if it’s your first time. However, with the help of a professional moving company on the day of your move, along with some preparation in the weeks beforehand, you can optimize your experience and make sure your move is as smooth as possible. Here are some tips on how you can organize a same day long-distance move:
- Stock up on packing and moving supplies
- Deconstruct large furniture pieces and appliances
- Use blankets and old newspapers to wrap around breakables to prevent cracking and breaking of your personal belongings.
- Pack each box lightly to prevent injuries and damages during the moving process.
- Consider using reusable containers and bins if available to prevent as much waste.
- Consider hiring a professional moving company to organize and pack up your home on your behalf to save you time.
- Consider whether insurance coverage for your same day long-distance move is something you want to purchase.
- Get a quote for your same day long-distance move to prepare for the cost of your move.
Beyond these organization and preparation tips, homeowners should also consider getting rid of old clothing, furniture, and other personal belongings that you will not be bringing to your new destination. This will allow you to save time on packing and unpacking items that you plan on not using at your new destination anyway by putting them in an area that can be easily avoided by your same-day long-distance movers. Consider donating or disposing of the following items:
- Old clothing
- Old papers and documents that are no longer of use to you
- Furniture pieces you won’t use in your new home
- Expired food items and condiments
- Old bathroom items
- Dangerous chemicals and cleaners
- Frozen or refrigerated foods
- Bulky items that take up a lot of space, such as DVDs, old computers, and other outdated appliances
If you require a same-day move, it is essential that you select a company that has the resources available to them to provide you with a seamless experience. Therefore, before choosing a company right away, make sure that you do your due diligence to ensure the company you choose is not a rogue business without any experience. Some factors you should look for are:
- The legitimacy of their claims that they are able to provide you with a safe, same day move
- Whether they have professional personnel that can pack, load, and unload your belongings efficiently and safely
- Affordable price as some same-day moving companies will try to take advantage of your situation and charge you more for your same-day move.
- Get an estimate for your same-day move before agreeing to hire the company.
- Ask your moving company about moving insurance for same-day long-distance moving.
- Confirm all details with your same-day moving company
As same-day moving can be a stressful experience for homeowners, we highly suggest paying for professional packing and unpacking. This is because there are a lot of tasks that need to be completed in order for your same-day move to be possible. Therefore, the more individuals work towards packing up your home, the less stress that puts on you and your family. That way, you can focus on packing up your important documents and belongings before moving your family safely to your new location without having to worry about your other belongings and furniture.
If you have time to plan your move, we suggest providing your moving company with as much notice as possible, especially during busier months (May to September). However, as a rule of thumb, most moving companies will require a minimum of 2 weeks and a definitive moving date. This allows your moving company to fully prepare for your moving day while ensuring they have the correct number of personnel on the job that day. However, if you are unable to give your moving company two weeks’ notice and are looking to make a same-day move, we suggest calling your moving company the first time in the morning so they can get a team to your house to help with your belongings as soon as possible.
To help you plan for your move, here is a checklist of some tasks you should complete before your moving date:
- Call and book a moving company.
- Use up the food in your pantry and fridge, so you don’t have to take it with you.
- Strategize your packing by boxing all non-essential items first.
- Get rid of old things and furniture you no longer want.
- Change your address for essential bills and subscriptions.
- Dispose of any hazardous items and chemicals.
- Confirm with your moving company that you are set for your move.
- Order new furniture and décor for your new home.
- Secure parking out front of your home for the day of your move.
- Clean your house.
- Finish last-minute errands.
- Pack your essential items.
- Get rid of all the trash and recycling from your home.
- Pack a bag for the day of your move.