Long Distance Movers Thunder Bay
Moving long distances can be a daunting task. From packing up and organizing your home, hiring a moving company, and traveling across the province, country, continent, or world, your to-do list can grow by the minute. However, with the help of a professional moving company like Atlas Canada, Thunder Bay homeowners can travel to their new destination confidently while knowing all the details our team takes care of.
Atlas Canada has been proudly helping Canadians move long distances for over 55 years. With a team consisting of leading professionals, we have the skills, equipment, and knowledge to make sure your moving experience with us is nothing short of perfect.
Long Distance Movers Thunder Bay
Atlas Canada prides itself on offering a selection of comprehensive moving services, including:
- Household moving
- Cross border moving
- International moving
- Corporate relocation
- Moving container and storage
Request a free estimate with Atlas Canada to learn more about how our long-distance movers in Thunder Bay can help you get to where you need to go stress-free.
Contact us to get started.
Planning ahead is key to ensuring your day runs as smoothly as possible to move a long distance successfully. Therefore, homeowners in thunder bay should consider the following tips to help them get organized before the big day:
- Stock up on your packing and moving supplies before your moving date to ensure you don’t run out
- Deconstruct large furniture pieces and appliances in advance to save time on the day of your move
- Use blankets and old newspapers to wrap around breakables to prevent cracking and breaking of essential belongings.
- Pack each box as lightly as possible to avoid injuries and breaking during the moving process.
- Consider hiring a professional moving company like Atlas Canada to help organize and pack up your home on your behalf to ensure all of your items are ready for your long-distance move.
- Consider purchasing moving insurance to ensure your items are protected during the moving process.
- Get a quote for moving your items with a moving company.
A long-distance moving company works similarly to any other moving company in your area. Upon partnering with a company to help with your long-distance move, a professional mover will come to your home to provide you with an estimate based on a survey of all your items to have an approximate cost in your mind before the actual moving date. You may also be charged for the distance you move, depending on the company you partner with.
Further, if you choose to hire a professional company for packing and unpacking services, an additional cost will be added to your estimate. On the day of your home, long-distance movers will arrive at your home to move your packed items to the trucks while ensuring your house, and things do not experience any damage. Once all items are on the truck, they will be weighed, and an actual cost will be calculated. However, most companies will not charge you more than a specific percent if the final price differs from the original estimate you were provided.
To avoid injuries and damages, homeowners should not pack the following items when moving long-distance:
- Motor oil
- Car batteries
- Lighter fluid
- Other harmful chemicals
- Perishable foods
Furthermore, homeowners should avoid lifting any heavy items or furniture pieces on the day of their long-distance move. Instead, leave these items for professional movers to load and unload.
To prepare for a moving company, homeowners in Thunder Bay should:
- Call and confirm a moving date before your moving day to ensure your moving company can prepare accordingly.
- Begin organizing your items by room before packing up your belongings.
- Label all your boxes, including those that are fragile.
- Deconstruct large pieces of furniture before your moving day if possible. For larger, more complex furniture pieces, leave them constructed for professional moves to oversee so you can avoid getting hurt.
- Make sure all your essential documents and items are with you to take in your personal vehicle on the day of your move.
- Keep children away from the moving process on the day off to avoid injuries and the possibility of getting in the way of movers.
As a rule of thumb, moving boxes should not be heavier than 50 pounds. This will help ensure that your items remain protected from damage and prevent injuries from occurring. Additionally, heavier packages will take more time to move than lighter, more organized ones.