Long Distance Movers in Newmarket
Whether you’re moving across the province, across the country, or internationally, moving long distances can be a daunting and stressful experience, especially when you’re doing it on your own. However, with the help of the team at Atlas Canada, homeowners can confidently move their items and their family to their new destination with peace of mind knowing all the details are being taken care of.
With over 50 years of successful experience working with homeowners across the country, Atlas Canada has the skills and knowledge to provide you with a customer service experience that goes above and beyond your expectations.
Long Distance Movers in Newmarket
Atlas Canada prides itself on offering a selection of comprehensive moving services, including:
- Household moving
- Cross border moving
- International moving
- Corporate relocation
- Moving container and storage
Request a free quote with one of our long distance movers in Newmarket, Ontario, today to learn more information about how we can provide you with solutions.
Contact us to get started.
Moving long-distance, whether in the province, across Canada, or internationally comes with its challenges. This is why homeowners need to partner with a professional moving company that understands how to get the job done correctly and safely. With over 50 years of experience, Atlas Canada takes pride in offering homeowners a variety of long-distance moving solutions that will help them get to their new destination. Our company hosts a fleet of moving vehicles and other transportation solutions, including:
- Trucks for road transportation
- Shipping Containers for water transportation
- Planes of air transportation
With our expertise, our professional moving team will help you strategize the logistics of your move so you can focus on getting you and your family to your next destination safely.
Moving a long distance takes time and a lot of preparation. This is why it is vital that homeowners plan ahead of their moving date to ensure they do not miss essential tasks and to help reduce stress throughout the entire experience. Therefore, if you are planning a long-distance move in the near future, here are some of the tasks you should consider performing before the big date:
- Plan a calendar with all of the responsibilities you need to complete before your moving date. Try to do at least one task a day to keep yourself on track. If you do not have extra time, consider hiring professional packers to help with the job!
- Schedule your moving date in Newmarket, Ontario, at least a couple of weeks in advance of when you plan on moving. This will provide the moving company with time to prepare on their end. It also provides them with certainty that they can accommodate your schedule.
- Declutter your home of furniture, belongings, and other personal items you no longer need and won’t be taking to your next location. These items can include old clothing, unneeded documents, older furniture pieces, and anything else that may be worth donating or selling. That way, you will not need to pack as many items in boxes for your move.
- Purchase your moving supplies well in advance of your scheduled date.
- Draft a detailed inventory list of all your items for your professional moving company to ensure your moving estimate is accurate.
- Pack all non-essential belongings before the rest of your home.
- Consider buying insurance for your items to ensure they are protected during transportation.
- Pack light boxes so movers can quickly load and unload your belongings while avoiding injuries.
- Label your boxes according to the rooms they belong in, in your new home. You will also need to label whether there are any breakables in the boxes.
- Deconstruct more oversized furniture before the day of your scheduled move to save time on the day of your move.
- Pack an essentials bag for the day of your move that you can take in your personal car in case of emergency.
You can leave the rest of the details up to the team at Atlas Canada.
When planning your long-distance move, homeowners should aim to pack all non-essential belongings before essential items. These non-essential items can include books, décor, paintings, picture frames, dishes, clothing, and other belongings you do not use on a regular basis.
Long-distance moving is daunting, especially if you don’t know how to stay organized. Here are some of the things you should avoid:
- Avoid trying to move heavy boxes and furniture pieces by yourself.
- Do not pack fertilizers, gasoline, motor oil, car batteries, propane, bleach, lighter fluid, fireworks, and other chemicals.
- Do not leave your packing until the last minute.
- Avoid booking a moving company last minute to ensure they are able to accommodate your moving date.
- Keep children away from the moving process the day of your long-distance move to avoid potential injuries and disruptions.
Yes, the majority of long distance moving companies are safe. However, not all companies are reliable. To ensure that your items are transported safely, and without damage to your final destination, homeowners should make sure that:
- The company the partner with has years of experience.
- The company offers insurance plans.
- They provide you with a free quote on services.
- They have a track record of success with positive reviews to prove their abilities.
Are you ready to work with Atlas Canada? Book a free estimate with one of our long distance movers in Newmarket, Ontario, today!