The Moving Process
Moving can be complicated. In fact, it is one of the most stressful events in a person’s life. There is a lot that goes into moving, especially when travelling longer distances, which is why Atlas Van Lines Canada is here to help every step of the way. What better way to move than to do it with professionals? Here is a quick step by step guide of what it looks like to move with the experts here at Atlas!
- Your Atlas Moving Consultant will meet with you to learn about your move, answer all your questions and explain how our Quality Assurance Certificate protects you.
- The Consultant will also do a survey of your home to make sure we understand your needs and provide you with an accurate estimate and moving plan.
- Your Atlas Moving Consultant will provide you with an estimate and answer any questions or concerns you may have. We want to ensure you make an informed choice when selecting a moving company to take care of your move.
- Your Atlas Moving Consultant will also be provide you with a Transit Time Guide which includes an estimated delivery date for moving your possessions between your old and new homes.
- If you choose Atlas Canada, we will walk you through and sign the Quality Assurance Certificate which outlines our essential moving services.
- A confirmation of your moving details and the Transit Time Guide will be provided to you in writing. At this point, our payment options will be outlined for your convenience.
- Our trained team of Atlas Canada packing professionals has the resources to ensure all your possessions arrive safely to your new home. If you choose to pack yourself, we provide tips based on our experience to maximize packing efficiency. We also provide the best materials for packing at a reasonable cost.
- There are certain items that are prohibited and therefore cannot be transported by Atlas Canada. For these products, we can give advice on how you can transport o dispose of them safely.
Professional Van Operator:
- With years of moving experience, your Professional Van Operator (PVO) will ensure the truck is loaded properly and safely. Your PVO is dedicated to satisfying you with their exceptional service.
- Now we are ready to load your possessions. Your PVO will ensure that your house is protected during the loading process by putting up temporary banister padding, floor runners, plastic wrap, and blankets for furniture. You can rest easy that your items will be handled with care and packed safely.
- In addition to this, your PVO will create a detailed inventory of your possessions to keep track of your items.
- Once everything is loaded, the Atlas truck will arrive at the government-inspected weigh station to ensure your estimated weight is accurate. Your possessions will make the long-distance journey in a specially equipped air-ride Atlas Truck, specifically designed for moving your household goods. This process may include a few days in secure storage.
- When crossing the border, your Moving Consultant will ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork and an understanding of all the requirements prior to your move.
Transit Protection Plans:
- In terms of transit protection, Atlas offers two coverage options for long-distance moves:
- Full Protection: This option is valued at $10 multiplied by the weight of your shipment in pounds (lbs). This is a comprehensive protection plan for your possessions.
- Basic Protection: $0.60/pound. For example, a 32’ TV would be covered up to $33.
Delivery and Unpacking:
- Your Professional Van Operator will contact you a minimum of 24 hours ahead of delivery to allow you to prepare for the unloading process.
- As the movers unload your possessions with extreme care, you can start checking off items on the inventory list to ensure all is in order.
- At this point, carrier-packed items will be removed from cartons and placed in your home as directed, as well as the removal of packing material and debris one the unpacking process has been completed.
After Move Follow Up:
- After your move is completed, your Professional Moving Consultant will follow up with you to make sure you are settled in and will provide you with a quality questionnaire.
- At Atlas, we strive to deliver exceptional service every step of the way, this post-move follow-up helps us understand how we can better serve our customers in the future.