Richmond Long Distance Moving Company Services
Long-distance moving can be a daunting task. However, with the help of the professional team at Atlas Canada, you can rest assured knowing your personal belongings are safe without worrying about the details.
Atlas Canada has over 55 years of experience helping Canadians get their items to where they need to go safely. With our expertise, you can focus on enjoying a stress-free move.
Long Distance Moving Company Richmond
Atlas Canada prides itself on offering a selection of comprehensive moving services, including:
- Household moving
- Cross border moving
- International moving
- Corporate relocation
- Moving container and storage
Request a free estimate with Atlas Canada today and partner with a long-distance moving company in Richmond with your best interests in mind.
Contact us to get started.
While long-distance considerations may vary depending on the moving company, a general rule of thumb is if homeowners are planning to move across the province, across the country, or outside of Canada. Additionally, moving companies may also consider long distance moves as anything over 160 kilometres between points A and B. Nonetheless, the best course of action is to speak with a professional before planning your move to determine whether your specific move falls under the local or long distance category by getting a free estimate on associated costs.
Planning a long-distance move can be labour intensive from start to finish. Therefore, we always suggest homeowners begin planning ahead of time to avoid feeling rushed and overwhelmed. Additionally, homeowners can start planning their long-distance move by:
- Stocking up on packing and moving supplies
- Deconstructing large furniture pieces and appliances
- Use blankets and old newspaper to wrap around breakables to prevent cracking and breaking
- Packing each box lightly to prevent injuries
- Consider using reusable containers and bins if available to them
- Hiring a professional moving company to pack and organize items on your behalf
- Choosing a calendar date that works best for your move
- Considering whether insurance coverage for your long-distance move is worth purchasing
- Getting a quote for your long-distance move to see what costs you will need to pay
When moving long-distance, homeowners should always consider donating or responsibly disposing of the following items ahead of time to save time and money.
- Old clothing or clothing you haven’t worn in a long time
- Non-important papers and documents
- More aged furniture pieces you will no longer need in your new home
- Expired food items and condiments
- Old bathroom items
- Dangerous chemicals such as fertilizers, bug killers, and more
- Frozen or refrigerated foods
- Other older household items that you will not use in your new house
- Bulky items that take up a lot of space if not needed, such as DVDs, old desktop computers, and more
There are numerous benefits to hiring a professional long distance moving company in Richmond. These benefits include:
- Saving time and money on multiple trips from one location to the other
- Minimizing the risk of injuries when moving heavy objects, appliances, and boxes when loading and unloading your moving truck
- Saving time reassembling furniture and appliances
- Diminishing the amount of time, you need to take off work to pack up your home by having assistance from professionals
- Not having to rent or operate a large moving truck without experience
· Preventing damage to your home and items during loading and unloading processes
Several factors can determine the final price it will cost you to move long distances, one of which is the total weight of items you choose to bring to your new destination. Therefore, we highly suggest donating and disposing of things that you do not see yourself using in your next home to reduce this cost. That way, you can reduce clutter and the overall weight of your items. Alternatively, it is not mandatory to purchase moving insurance. Therefore, if you feel confident opting out of this long-distance moving feature, you will be able to reduce the cost without it.