Kitchener Long Distance Moving Company Services
Packing and travelling with your belongings long-distance is time-consuming for all homeowners.
With over 55 years of experience, Atlas Canada prides itself on offering moving solutions to homeowners across the country. With the help of the professional team at Atlas Canada, you can get the support and guidance you need to tackle your long-distance move confidently.
Long Distance Moving Company Kitchener
Atlas Canada prides itself on offering a selection of comprehensive moving services, including:
- Household moving
- Cross border moving
- International moving
- Corporate relocation
- Moving container and storage
Request a free estimate with Atlas Canada today to learn how our long-distance moving company in Kitchener can help you move to your new destination with ease.
Contact us to get started.
Long-distance categorizations can vary depending on the moving company you partner with. However, as a general rule of thumb, if homeowners are preparing to move across the province, across the country, or outside Canada, this would fall under a long-distance move. In addition, moving companies may also consider long-distance moves as distances over 160 kilometres between your current and future destination.
With that being said, if you are having difficulties determining whether your planned move falls under the local or long-distance category, we suggest speaking with a professional moving company. That way, you can get more information about the costs and requirements you will need to have a successful move.
Associated costs with your long-distance move to Canada will depend on several factors. Here is a closer look at what considerations can influence the final price so you have a better idea about what to expect:
- Packing and unpacking service additions
- The total weight of all personal belongings
- The distance between your current and future destination
- Vehicle transport costs
- The cost of moving and packing supplies
- Liability and protection insurance coverage
- The date you plan on moving long-distance
- Additional add-ons offered by a professional company
- Whether you choose to hire a professional moving company to assist you with your move or do everything yourself
Although planning a long-distance move is never easy, one thing we suggest is to get started as early as possible to avoid feeling overwhelmed. Additionally, by taking note of and following these tips, you can ensure your long-distance move is well-organized and as stress-free as possible.
- Stock up on packing and moving supplies in advance
- Deconstruct large furniture pieces and appliances if possible
- Use blankets and old newspaper to wrap around breakable items to prevent damage
- Pack each box lightly to prevent injuries during the loading and unloading
- Consider using reusable containers and bins if available to reduce cardboard
- Determine whether you want to hire a professional moving company to pack and organize items on your behalf so you can save time
- Choosing a date in your schedule that will work best with your long-distance move
- Determine whether you want to purchase insurance coverage for your move
- Request a quote for your long-distance move to get a better idea about what costs you will need to pay
As mentioned, while it is challenging to define the cost of your long-distance move across the country before speaking with you directly, numerous factors will ultimately affect your final price, including:
- Whether you choose to hire a professional moving company to help
- you pack and unpack your boxes along with deconstructing and reconstructing your furniture pieces
- The total weight of the items you choose to take with you
- The distance between your current location and future destination
- How many moving vehicles do you require
- Whether you decided to purchase liability and protection insurance for your belongings
If your schedule allows for it, we suggest beginning your packing for your long-distance move 2 – 3 weeks before your moving date. That way, you can save yourself the trouble of feeling rushed and disorganized. In addition, before you begin packing, homeowners should consider donating or disposing of unwanted items to declutter and reduce the number of belongings to move into their new home. These items can include:
- Old clothing
- Non-important papers
- Old bathroom items and products
- Older furniture you will no longer need in your new home
- Expired food items and condiments
- Frozen or refrigerated foods
- Dangerous chemicals, including fertilizer
- Bulky items that take up a lot of space, such as DVDs, old desktop computers
- Other older household items that you will not use in your new house