Long Distance Moves in Kingston
Long-distance moving can be challenging for homeowners, especially if it’s your first time. However, whether you’re moving across the province, across Canada, or internationally, the team at Atlas Canada is prepared to provide homeowners in Kingston, Ontario, with solutions.
With over 50 years of experience, the team at Atlas Canada consists of leading professionals who have the skills and knowledge to help homeowners strategize their next move –wherever your new location may be. From start to finish, homeowners can count on Atlas Canada to get the job done right.
Long Distance Movers Kingston
Atlas Canada prides itself on offering a selection of comprehensive moving services, including:
- Household moving
- Cross border moving
- International moving
- Corporate relocation
- Moving container and storage
Request a free quote with our long distance movers in Kingston, Ontario, today to learn more information about how we’re prepared to offer you a high-quality moving experience.
Contact us to get started.
Long-distance moving can be a daunting experience. However, with professional assistance from a moving company, homeowners can rest assured knowing their belongings are being taken care of and are transported safely to their final destination.
When partnering with a long-distance moving company, homeowners will meet with a member of the team for an initial quote. During this time, you will need to provide a list of items that you wish to move on before Atlas Canada is able to give you a quote on services.
Generally speaking, long distance moving companies will charge you based on:
- The weight of your items
- The type of transportation you require
- Whether you purchase packing and unpacking services
- Whether you opt for moving insurance
However, depending on the company you choose to partner with, you may be changed based on the total distance of your home. Therefore, it is best that homeowners speak with their moving company to clarify before signing any contracts for work.
On the day of your move, professional movers will then come to your home and pack the transport vehicles with your items before weighing your items and providing you with a final moving cost.
A long distance move is deemed as being anything across the province, country, or internationally. Nonetheless, each long distance moving company will define a long distance move differently. Therefore, it is essential that homeowners speak with their moving company prior to agreeing on costs. Typically, the moving company will provide you with a free estimate before your moving date.
Preparing for your long distance move beforehand is key to ensuring your entire experience runs as smoothly as possible. Therefore, to help homeowners in Kingston, Ontario, get organized before the big date, here are some methods they can use to manage the process from start to finish.
- Plan a calendar with to-do tasks that you need to complete before your moving date.
- Schedule your moving date with a professional company weeks in advance if you can. This will allow the moving company to prepare on their end and ensure they are available to help you with your move.
- Go through your items and get rid of any belongings you do not want to take with you to your new location. This includes donating old clothing, selling used furniture, and disposing of unneeded documents and other personal items you no longer need. This will help speed up the final packing process.
- Purchase moving boxes and other supplies in advance of when you plan to begin packing in case it is difficult to find items.
- Draft a detailed inventory list of all your items for your long distance moving company.
- Consider purchasing moving insurance for your belongings.
- Pack non-essential belongings in boxes before packing away your essential items.
- Pack your boxes light to ensure they are easily accessible for movers and to prevent injuries.
- Label your boxes according to the room they belong in and whether there are any breakables within the boxes.
- Deconstruct larger furniture pieces before the day of your move.
- Pack a bag of essential belongings for the day of your move.
- Leave the rest of the details for your professional moving company.
As we said, moving a long distance is difficult. To prevent mistakes, injuries, and damage to your home, here are some things you should avoid during your moving experience:
- Do not leave your packing until the last minute.
- Avoid trying to move heavy boxes and furniture pieces by yourself.
- Do not pack fertilizers, gasoline, motor oil, car batteries, propane, bleach, lighter fluid, fireworks, and other chemicals.
- Keep children away from the moving process the day of your long-distance move to avoid potential injuries and disruptions.
- Avoid booking a moving company last minute to ensure they are able to accommodate your moving date.
Generally speaking, professional moving companies will calculate the price of your move based on the weight of all your items. Therefore, before getting an estimate for your move, homeowners should declutter their homes as much as possible to bring the weight down. Additionally, homeowners can also save costs on their move by moving during off-season and packing their items themselves.