Atlas Van Lines Canada is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and dynamic candidate to join our team! The ideal candidate for our Dispatcher role should also be dynamic and interactive. The Household Goods (HHG) Operations team provides the opportunity to participate and contribute to many facets of the logistical process associated with the movement of personal household goods. The Dispatcher is responsible for serving as the point of contact for van operators, agents, and customers during relocation of a shipment.
Duties of a Logistics Dispatcher:
- Plan, organize and coordinate movement of shipment loads to van operators
- Looks for additional shipments when a van operator has available space
- Ensures van operators/agents have all pertinent load/shipment information
- Monitor van operator activities, including outbound and inbound van operators
- Accurately manage shipment updates, including participant notification and data entry
- Strong problem-solving abilities in order to locate available space for a shipment
- Maintain manifest history of dispatched orders
- Provide accurate and concise reports to management as assigned
- Perform other duties at the direction of management team
Employment Type & Hours:
Full-time position with work hours between 8:00am and 5:00pm, M-F and one Saturday morning per month. Possible overtime during peak season.
Drug/extended health/dental/EAP/critical illness/life insurance; pension plan; training opportunities.
- Effective problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good reasoning ability and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, agents, and other outside organizations
Preference will be given tohttp://Apply Here those who have industry/Household Goods (HHG) dispatch experience.